Right from our childhood, many of us have been taught that we can only experience happiness when we achieve something significant i.e. we do substantial amounts of great work, accomplish extraordinary feats and become a phenomenal success. We’re all programmed with the belief that happiness is something you chase. But this exact mindset is what drives many people to the deep abyss of unhappiness.
The truth is that the equation works the other way around: Intrinsic happiness leads to extrinsic achievement. The best way to consistently do great work and attain sustainable success is to become happy first. External events such as buying a new sports car, getting a raise at work, or visiting a popular destination for vacation only account for 10 percent of personal happiness. The remaining 90 percent actually comes from within and involves perceiving the world in a positive light.
GET YOUR COPY OF THE DAILY APPLE BOOK HERE.
❤️ Did you enjoy this essay? Please consider showing your appreciation by buying me a chai latte using the button below 👇. Thanks!