There’s a lot of uncertainty and stress in the air during these times, and you’re not sure what form of unrest or personal setback might come unannounced in your life or others’. And that’s why clear and effective communication has become more important than ever.
If you’re not careful, your inability to cultivate emotional intelligence and communicate properly might lead you to unnecessary disputes and arguments that could have totally been avoided in the first place.
It’s best that we develop mindfulness and bring awareness in our interactions with others, whether they be online or in the real world. Here are a few things that you can keep in mind:
- Be impeccable with your word
- Focus on becoming a good listener
- Don’t make assumptions; give others the benefit of the doubt
- Don’t take other people’s words or actions personally.
- Ask questions whenever you’re not sure.
- Bring empathy and compassion into every conversation.
- Cultivate calm — focus on responding, not reacting.
- Pay attention to the tone of voice and non-verbal cues (body language).
As you improve your communication skills, you’ll be able to express yourself clearly as well as understand others better. It’ll get much easier to navigate everyday conversations and build connections and relationships that’ll help you thrive in these modern times.