“Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.”— Pema Chödrön
Here are some key insights on the subject of meditation and mindfulness that’ll inspire you to develop and/or continue your own practice with utmost dedication and enthusiasm:
- In this world of distractions and noise everywhere around us, we all need to develop a practice of mindfulness in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life. We have to be mindful of our thoughts, our actions, and the words that we speak.
- We are in the prime of our mental fitness when we are calm and mindful.
- Meditation is a life-changing habit to cultivate and to be practiced daily as it brings more awareness to our life.
- When we sit quietly for a brief time, we become cognizant of our inner world and what thoughts are swirling inside our minds.
- A practice of meditation will help you develop self-control, and be instrumental in controlling your emotions and thoughts. It will help you get in touch with your Inner Being and the Infinite Intelligence that is present in all of us.
- Meditation brings focus and clarity to every aspect of our lives. Like working out, you may not realize its benefits instantly, but it may take you a few months or even years to truly reap its benefits.
- A practice of meditation comes with a wide spectrum of mental, physical, and spiritual benefits such as reduced anxiety, a better immune system, increased focus and clarity, and a calm demeanor.
- Meditation plays an instrumental role in increasing our happiness and self-awareness, and consistent practice can empower us to lead healthier lives and ensure our well-being in every respect.
- Even meditation for a few minutes every day will go a long way.
- Morning time is the best time to meditate without any disturbances or distractions and we can reap the maximum benefits out of our practice during those times.