With its power to renew, heal,and rejuvenate, laughing frequently can help us tackle challenges, strengthen our relationships, find greater happiness and support both our physical and emotional well-being. Here are some amazing and powerful benefits of laughter:
- It relieves stress and physical tension, relaxing your muscles for up to 45 minutes after.
- It triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
- It’s an easy way to burn calories. One study has found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn around 40 calories.
- It boosts your immunity by increasing the cell count of immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.
- It increases blood flow and improves the functioning of blood vessels, which can help protect you against heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- It helps you live longer. A Norwegian study found that people who appreciated the funny side of things and had a strong sense of humor outlived those who didn’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly significant for those battling cancer.
- It improves your mood and boosts your confidence.
- It relieves you of anxiety and depression.
- It diffuses anger, bitterness and resentment.
- It strengthens your resilience and helps you focus better.
- It attracts others to you.
- It strengthens relationships and promotes bonding.
- It enhances teamwork and is a great antidote to conflicts.
- It helps you become lighthearted and not take things so seriously.
- It helps you release inhibitions and become more spontaneous.
- It helps you in communicating your true feelings and helps you become comfortable.
PS: If you enjoyed reading this passage, you’ll love my book The Way of the Karma Yogi. This book is a distillation of the fundamental success principles that will guide you to live a meaningful and fulfilled life with respect to work, relationships, and beyond. This easy-to-use, step-by-step guide allows you to bring consistency in your actions and inspires you to progress forward leaving mediocrity behind.
SUPPORT MY WORK BY MAKING A ONE-TIME DONATION.