some powerful benefits of laughter
With its power to renew, heal,and rejuvenate, laughing frequently can help us tackle challenges, strengthen our relationships, find greater happiness and support both our physical and emotional well-being. Here are some amazing and powerful benefits of laughter:
- It relieves stress and physical tension, relaxing your muscles for up to 45 minutes after.
- It triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
- It’s an easy way to burn calories. One study has found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn around 40 calories.
- It boosts your immunity by increasing the cell count of immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.
- It increases blood flow and improves the functioning of blood vessels, which can help protect you against heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- It helps you live longer. A Norwegian study found that people who appreciated the funny side of things and had a strong sense of humor outlived those who didn’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly significant for those battling cancer.
- It improves your mood and boosts your confidence.
- It relieves you of anxiety and depression.
- It diffuses anger, bitterness and resentment.
- It strengthens your resilience and helps you focus better.
- It attracts others to you.
- It strengthens relationships and promotes bonding.
- It enhances teamwork and is a great antidote to conflicts.
- It helps you become lighthearted and not take things so seriously.
- It helps you release inhibitions and become more spontaneous.
- It helps you in communicating your true feelings and helps you become comfortable.
PS: If you enjoyed reading this passage, you’ll love my book The Way of the Karma Yogi. This book is a distillation of the fundamental success principles that will guide you to live a meaningful and fulfilled life with respect to work, relationships, and beyond. This easy-to-use, step-by-step guide allows you to bring consistency in your actions and inspires you to progress forward leaving mediocrity behind.
SUPPORT MY WORK BY MAKING A ONE-TIME DONATION.