We have all been educated about why we need to drink more water but still most of us don’t pay attention to our water intake. We have a vague knowledge that it’s good for health but we don’t make it a priority. I believe it’s mainly because we haven’t internalized the main benefits of drinking more water yet.
There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking every day. It is commonly recommended to drink eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is referred to as the 8×8 rule and is extremely easy to remember.
Our body is approximately 60% water, give or take. We are constantly losing water from our body, primarily via urine and sweat. That’s why we need to drink adequate amounts of water to prevent dehydration. Water is not only the quickest and easiest way to boost our energy and performance, but it’s also an effective way to get rid of any disorders that may arise later on in our lives.
Here are some reasons why we need to start drinking more water every day:
- It maximizes physical performance.
- It prevents fluid loss. Loss of fluids has been shown to have direct influence on brain function and performance, mood, and concentration.
- It flushes out toxins from your body.
- It boosts your immunity.
- It promotes weight loss.
- It aids digestion and provides constipation relief.
- It helps avert the formation of kidney stones.
- It’s a natural headache remedy.
GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ADDITIONAL CONTENT ON PATREON.