Not too long ago, author and speaker Brian Tracy created something called 21 success secrets of self-made millionaires. These are the fundamental principles and practices of all men and women who become millionaires in one generation.
These secrets are based on 15 years of teaching and research about the habits and practices of self-made millionaires. What we can learn from them is that in order to achieve great success in life, we must become a member of a special league. We must rise above the majority and develop qualities and disciplines that the average person lacks.
Research shows that many self-made millionaires succeeded in their respective journeys by doing certain things in a certain way again and again. It turns out that the most important factor in achieving great financial success is not the money, but the kind of person you have to become to earn that money and then hold on to it.
Here are the 21 success secrets of self-made millionaires according to Brian Tracy:
1. Dream Big Dreams
2. Develop a Clear Sense of Direction
3. See Yourself as Self-Employed
4. Do what You Love to do
5. Commit to Excellence
6. Work Longer and Harder
7. Dedicate Yourself to Lifelong Learning
8. Pay Yourself First
9. Learn Every Detail of Your Business
10. Dedicate Yourself to Serving Others
11. Be Absolutely Honest with Yourself and Others
12. Determine Your Highest Priorities and Concentrate on Them Single-Mindedly
13. Develop a Reputation for Speed and Dependability
14. Be Prepared to Climb from Peak to Peak
15. Practice Self-Discipline in all Things
16. Unlock Your Inborn Creativity
17. Get around the Right People
18. Take Excellent Care of Your Physical Health
19. Be Decisive and Action Oriented
20. Never Allow Failure to be an Option
21. Pass the “Persistence Test”
These are the 21 success secrets of self-made millionaires. Each of these when implemented can help you become financially independent and achieve extraordinary success in every area of your life.
According to the Law of Cause and Effect, if you do what other successful people do, you will eventually get the results that other successful people get. And the opposite is also true — if you don’t put in the effort, you won’t get the outcomes. So, when you think the same thoughts and do the same things that self-made millionaires do, you will begin to get the same results and benefits they do. It is simply a matter of cause and effect.
Start learning the success secrets of self-made millionaires and apply them in your own life. Through practice and repetition, over time, these principles will become second nature to you and you will experience results and rewards far beyond anything you have accomplished up until now.