Thanks to retailers and giant corporations, the holiday season has transformed over years into the “holiday shopping season,” and the most wonderful and happiest time of the year has, unfortunately, become the most stressful and difficult time of the year.
Yeah, this is the sad truth. We’re ruining the holiday season by spending money we don’t have to buy gifts that are not needed for people who don’t even want them.
Shopping is not bad in itself, I do enjoy buying things for myself and others all around the year too. However, when it becomes mindless and compulsive, especially during this time of the year, then it’s a cause for concern.
So, before you step outside to shop or hop on your favorite store’s website, I encourage you to go through the following essays and podcast episodes by yours truly:
- Show Love Today
- 10 Best Personal Development Gifts to Give to Your Loved Ones
- An Introduction to Black Friday
- The Evil Ploys of Retailers
- Choosing the Path of Conscious Materialism
- Alternatives to Traditional Gift-Giving
- Holidays Minus Shopping
- The Golden Box
- You Must Become Immune to Rampant Materialism
- You Want to Buy That Thing? Read This First
- Choosing Simplicity This Holiday Season