be grateful for all the magnificent things in your life
Most of us in the urban landscape are living better lives than kings and emperors who lived a few centuries back. Yet, we hardly acknowledge these advantages and blessings in our fast-paced lives.
We must all become increasingly aware of all the amazing things, amenities, and services in our lives, and cultivate heartfelt gratitude toward all the people who have made our lives easier and comfortable via their inventions and contributions. Here are some things to consider:
- The hot cup of joe in the morning.
- The car in your garage or the public transport system you use for your daily commute.
- Electricity at your home and workplace.
- Podcasts and radio channels.
- eBooks and audiobooks that you can read/listen to anywhere.
- The elevators and escalators that you use on a daily basis.
- Shoes and other footwear.
- Your smartphone.
- Your desktop and/or laptop computer.
- Retail websites like Amazon for easy and effortless shopping.
- Grocery and food delivery apps on your phone.
- Video streaming websites and services.
The list is endless.
So, here’s something to ponder upon: Are you taking these magnificent things for granted, or are you consistently expressing your thankfulness for them?
Today, let go of complaining and whining and just bring your attention to the fact that a good portion of us are living lives with innumerable blessings and privileges. We are indeed fortunate souls, so be grateful for all these advantages and perks and start using them to the fullest, for your well-being and others’.