key insights on happiness (1/2)
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” — Denis Waitley
Here are some key insights on happiness. I hope they help you change your perception and empower you to create a life enriched with meaning, joy, and fulfillment.
- Happiness is a state of mind and it is always within us.
- There is no point in pursuing happiness because it’s an abstract notion. It’s a false premise if we think we will attain happiness by finishing tasks or scratching things off of our to-do list. Happiness is all about awareness.
- Our happiness does not lie caged in a beautifully wrapped box that someone can steal away from us. It’s an illusion that others have control over our happiness.
- Happiness never depends on external objects, validation, circumstances, or our interactions with others. Happiness is always within us. It’s our access to happiness that changes as time passes.
- If we pursue happiness, it will elude us. Instead, we have to focus on doing things that make us feel good.
- Happiness is a subtle feeling and in order to attain a happy state, a change in perception is needed. It is more about enjoying the present moment and having a sense of belonging to the truth within us. It is about being in alignment with the beauty within us and the beauty of the world as it is.
- Happiness is not outcome-based but is more about having a life that we enjoy.
- When we live a life that is in alignment with our intentions and our personality, we get in touch with happiness and are able to experience more of it on a day-to-day basis.
- When we utilize our talents and do something meaningful in our lives we get more in tune with the happiness within us.
- Happiness is in the journey, in the present moment. Instead of constantly pursuing it, we need to detach from it and instead commit to a life of meaning, excellence, and contribution.
- We think that we are burdened by distractions, obligations, and everyday stresses that we just cannot avoid but we fail to understand that the inner state of serenity, tranquility, and happiness is always within us.
- We have to gently nudge our mind every day toward happiness, well-being, and abundance.
- Doing actions that benefit us and others and focusing on good karma helps us sustain our well-being in this crowded, distracted world.
- An intentional act of kindness – even a little one – can go a long way.
- Don’t let the obligations and busyness of everyday life fool you into believing that you have lost your happiness in the daily struggle. It’s always within you, you just need a few moments to get a glimpse of it.
- Every day is an opportunity to embrace and cherish happiness and choose joy over misery.
- Happiness is not something to be found, it’s always within the choices we make in our daily lives. And the more we focus on contentment, fulfillment, and satisfaction on a consistent basis ― no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in ― the better our life gets.
- When it comes to happiness, discipline is the key.